Journaling can help you achieve your goals because it brings you to full awareness about them, consider the why and how, and delve deeper into the situation so that you can examine all sides of it.
Here are the ways in which journaling can help you reach your goals?
* It Forces You to Write Down Your Goals – When you start a journal, it basically is a way to force yourself to document your goals. Whether you write them down on paper or you use technology to get it all down doesn’t matter. Once they’re written, they are ready to tackle.
* It Makes You Consider Why and How – As you enter data into your journal, you’ll be forced to face the why and how of your goal. This is especially true if you write down a goal and focus on it in your journal.
* It Enables You to Examine the Opportunities and Threats – When you are focused on goal making with your journal, you’ll also explore opportunities and threats coming your way due to your goals. It helps you avoid roadblocks in advance.
* It Makes You Develop Steps for Success Based on Your Goals – When you see it written down, you’ll want to notice and pull out any steps you’ve developed in your journal and put them in your calendar for scheduling.
* It Helps You Improve Goal Setting and Achievement – Each time you intentionally set goals, define steps to achieve the goals, and perform them, you are setting yourself up for being able to improve your skills.
* It Provides Accountability – Even if no one else is reading your journal, a private journal can help you become accountable to yourself. If you develop the habit of looking at your journal each day and put something else in there each day, it’ll work great for helping you become more accountable.
* It Provides a Permanent Record – Having a permanent record of the things you’ve done in your life, whether it’s personal or work, is a beautiful thing. Hardly anyone has a perfect memory, so you’ll maintain the lessons learned better with the record to look back at.
* It May Be Inspirational – Depending on the journal, you might even be able to take the information inside and compile it into a real book for others to read to inspire them. You might also take from it steps for your success for a project and turn it into a course to inspire someone else.
Journaling is an excellent way to work toward achieving all your goals. It will even help you make better goals because the process of entering facts in your journal will cause you to see them in a more logical way that is more useful.
Personally I recommend pen and paper over digital journaling. There is a deeper connection when you journal writing with a pen or pencil and paper. Of course if you prefer digital journaling and it works for you use that. I use apps or voice record to capture fleeting thoughts but find that using my body, hand is a visceral and organic way to get my ideas out of me and into the world.
Make sure you're in the know,. Subscribe below if you're not already on the email list.
Wishing You Wholeness
Diana Navarro, Empath,
M.S.in Industrial/Organizational Psychology,
Certified Sleep Science Coach,
Interior Designer, Dip.Int.Des.
Certified in Content Management
Feng Shui Consultant
I sometimes share links with my valued readers I believe adds quality and value to you. I may get a small affiliate payment for anything sold on some links on Amazon or Google Ads. These are items or products I may use myself and vouch for. I may earn some coffee or chocolate money I'll ingest while writing these posts for you.
Diana Navarro and This Is Diana accepts no liability and/or responsibility for any actions and/or decisions any client/reader chooses to take or make based on his/her information provided here.